Now hiring! Webtron Web Design is looking for a skilled and motivated individual to join our design and development team in Bayside Melbourne for 2-3 days per week. Are you an up and coming Web Designer who is hungry to impress and ready for their big break?
We are on the look out for an enthusiastic student willing to come on board with us on a casual or part time basis, with the potential to become permanent.
We want somebody who is able to demonstrate their design talent and someone who shows a motivation to further their career in WebDesign. Our ideal candidate would be a student that can display evidence of quality design work inside and/or outside of their studies, and a working knowledge of basic coding languages.
Our successful candidate would be up to date with the latest tech trends, motivated to learn new things, and serious about developing a long-term career in this industry. If successful, you will be mentored by our in-house web developers. You will be part of a team that will help you to strengthen your existing skill sets and prepare you for a professional career in WebDesign.
Are you locally based and interested in the above role? We’d love to hear from you.
What’s On Offer:
• A comfortable working atmosphere in a Bayside Melbourne office location
• Well-known clients to build your business portfolio
• Interesting variety of projects for a critical, business-minded thinker
• Great team environment where excellent performance, attitude and enthusiasm is rewarded
• An opportunity to shine and grow with the business and the industry
In this role you will:
• Help design and develop responsive websites for well-known companies and brands.
– Build on theory learnt in tertiary studies, and apply it to websites for well-known businesses around Australia
– Help create website mockups with Photoshop.
– Design and develop themes in WordPress.
– Assist in building e-commerce sites.
– Support the development of other projects
– Liaise with business clients face-to-face in meetings and/or via phone and email.
Given that the advertised job is often client facing, we ask that applicants are fluent in written and spoken English. Immaculate presentation, and impeccable written communication skills are a must.
Proficiency in PHP and/or other coding languages will be beneficial to excelling in this position. A demonstration of design skills will be looked upon favourably.
• Adobe Photoshop*, Illustrator, InDesign, (Dreamweaver).
• API Integration
Are you familiar with most, but not all skills listed above? That’s ok. As long as you can demonstrate a working knowledge of some of the above points and as long as you’re willing to learn, we can teach you a few points along the way.
To be considered for this position you must be located in Bayside, Melbourne. Interstate or overseas applications will not be considered. You will be required to be physically present in the office on multiple occasions, and a current driver’s license (probationary or full) will be required
This position will come with a degree of challenges and responsibility, but to those who thrive and enjoy working in a critical thinking team environment, this position will teach you great development and business skills to help further your career.
Please click the following link to apply via our job listing at bit.ly/2bh6iJv
Please provide examples of portfolio work (as a link on your resume) where applicable.