Worldwide Tablet sales continue to soar.
Apple is shipping more iPads than ever before, but it’s overall share of Tablets is slowing with some solid competition from Samsung Galaxy and the Amazon Kindle.
In Australia, the iPad is still king but android based devices such as the Samsung Galaxy is making ever-increasing inroads. One only has to look at your local electronics store catalogues to see the number of android tablets on sale to know Apple now has serious competition.
Microsofts new windows 8 tablets have just entered the market, will they also provide serious competition for tablet sales or is it a case of a little too late from Microsoft?
But one thing is for sure it is still quite amazing many companies and organisations have still not yet optimised website content for this growing tablet trend. (…….or mobile for that matter)
The top five manufacturers of tablets in the third quarter of 2012
- Apple, maker of the iPad, 14 million shipped worldwide, 50.4 percent share
- Samsung, maker of Galaxy line, 5.1 million, 18.4 percent
- Amazon.com, maker of Kindle Fire, 2.5 million, 9 percent
- AsusTek, maker of Transformer line and Google’s Nexus 7, 2.4 million, 8.6 percent
- Lenovo, 400,000, 1.4 percent
– Others, including Barnes & Noble’s Nook, 3.3 million, 12.2 percent
Source: IDC 2012