Website Security is Important
Website security has become more of a concern for business in 2013.Website hacks are on the rise and becoming more sophisticated. Managers of websites need to be more security conscious and consider implementing the following to protect their data and business from local and international hackers.
- Have a current and supported version of your Content Management System (CMS)
- SSL encryption for logins and passwords
- Website Scanning monitoring software: can be tailored to provide daily Malware and Network Scans.
- Website Application, SQL injection scan and cross site scripting scans.
- Automatic scanning preforming daily to alert you of an attack
- Isolate and pinpoint the attack meaning
- Your web developer can patch the security hole so that the same website security venerability cannot be attacked again
- Website Firewall protection: helps protect websites from malicious trafﬁc and blocks harmful requests. A worthwhile more preventative security measure.
- If you haven’t already migrate to a dedicated server for web hosting
- Block Automated Attacks from Bad Bots
- Block Bots Attempting to “Scrape” or steal your content
- SQL Injection Prevention
- Cross Site Scripting (XSS) Prevention
- Remote File Include (RFI) Prevention
- Consider blocking countries access to your website if previous hacks have originated country in a particular region of the world
- Always back your data up
Ensure your web developer works with the security vendor to complete implementation. (Having a close relationship with your website developer can be the best friend a business can have.)
- Scanning software is relatively straight forward and can be up and running within a few hours
- Website firewall is more complicated and will take several days to complete installation